Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22, 2014 Got my Travel Plans

Hola Todos,

Well this week was pretty great, I got my travel plans for Mexico yesterday if anyone is interested... I leave in 9 days or so... that might be a little crazy I know but that's just how things go. Hey mom, I stop in the Houston Airport on the way down I just thought you might be interested in that a little... :) ...... Oh my... I am going to be in Mexico in less than two weeks!!!! I am so excited!!!! I can't wait!!  I need to learn more Spanish..... I need to learn more about the Gospel..... well I've got a week to cram it all in! ;) or I will just have to learn the rest when I get there....

  Anyways some other good things from this week... Gabriel agreed to get baptized! He needs to wait until after we leave for that but it's still pretty dang awesome right?! He may or may not be an actual investigator... we don't know..... but either way I am really excited :) Unfortunately we don't meet with him anymore... he is going to start getting taught by some other missionaries now or something, but he is really awesome.

   I made a goal to read through the whole Book of Mormon again before I leave and I made that goal about a week ago so I am trying to read it in two weeks... I know that's a little crazy but I think it's something that will help me grow spiritually and strengthen my testimony a lot so I'm gonna do it! I have to read about 50 pages a day in order to make it in that time and that's what I have been trying to do and I have been doing pretty well keeping up that pace so that's good right? It is crazy some of the things you notice when you go through it like that. A couple days ago I read through Jacob 5... Ya I know that usually takes people a couple days to get through ;) but that was only a small bit of what I read that day. Anyways, I got something really cool out of it when I read it. When it was the last time the Master and his Servant went to the vineyard to see if they could do anything to preserve some fruit against the season, the Master told his servant to go gather more servants to work in the vineyard with him. I related it to this final dispensation and the Master is God and the original Servant is Christ and the servants that the Master sends for are all the missionaries with the hastening of the work and stuff so I felt that that chapter applied directly to me and what I am doing right now. I thought it was really awesome.

   But anyways I am out of time until next week so I'll talk to you later. Love you all!

- Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment