Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014 Being Honest

Hey,

Well I am going to be honest, I have been kinda down this week, I don't really know why but last night Elder Osorio and I were talking and he told me that he noticed I have been kinda down and we talked about that for a while. He said some pretty helpful stuff and I am feeling better and I hope this week will be a lot better than the last, like how I am feeling and stuff like that. I need to be happy to help the people so I am going to  figure out what the problem is and get up to full steam in the work and just help people like crazy! I am actually feeling pretty upbeat today and after the talk we had so I am looking forward to this week.

We had divisions with Elder Cruz and Elder Giraldo. I went over to the area of Elder Cruz and it went pretty well. They have a baptism this week and I got to teach the investigator and it was cool. He used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and now he has been able to quit, it was a struggle but  they managed to do it with aid from above.

None of the investigators came to church this week and we were hoping a lot more less actives came but we didn't have so much success. We were surprised when one of the less actives we met in the street showed up. He lived in Washington and was a member there but then he had a bad experience with the bishop or something and left the church and moved back here to Mexico. Elder Osorio thought he didn't want anything to do with the church but he showed up at church and is going to keep coming I think so that was cool.

I am feeling better about my Spanish. this one member would always ask me to pray during the lessons so I could practice my spanish but we went to his house and taught him and at the end he had me pray and after the prayer he said that I had perfected my Spanish, not that it is perfect, but it has gotten better so that is what counts right?

The yard looks way different! it's crazy but it is awesome. I like it.

Have a great week everyone and I love you all!

-Elder Sampson 

No comments:

Post a Comment