Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 16, 2014 14 Less Actives at Church!!!

Hello!

So, the fact of the matter is, there are a ton of less or non active members in our area, we will contact someone in the street and they will say "oh ya, I am a member, I got baptized like 20 years ago" or something like that, we find new less actives like we find new investigators. Well, Elder Osorio wanted to meet all the non actives who's names are in the lists of the church. One day we walked around for hours trying to find these people, turns out most of them have moved away or just really don't want anything to do with us. We went to one house and yelled "buenas tardes" (because that's what you do here to get the people to come out of their houses) and this lady comes out, sees us standing there, says " eh... I am going to eat lunch" and goes back in her house, it was great! Well that day was tiring and we didn't even find very many people but I think the Lord blessed us for our efforts because we had 14 less actives at church, it was crazy and we had 1 investigator so it was alright :) We also had Ward Conference and actually a zone conference this week it was pretty great :) President taught us a lot about the Savior and we are going to focus more in Him at this time in the mission, at least that's what he said and that's fine by me because without Him we can't progress and this life would be a complete waste. I am grateful to know the plan God has for us and the role Christ plays in it.

With Ricardo and Elvira, I don't know if they are going to progress... We have tried to help but they just aren't doing their part.

I have a recording of a teaching experience that you can all listen to, hope you enjoy it, I was kinda struggling with my english though so I might sound funny or weird, just go easy on me ok? ;)

Well that's all for now, Love y'all :)

-Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment