Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6th Very Touching Experience

Hey!

Wow... it's crazy to me that it is already October... That's right I just went to my second General Conference in the mission... And it was pretty dang awesome... and in Spanish :) I thought it was really cool how much they talked about having a real and strong testimony, also how much they testified of the current prophet as well as Joseph Smith. Also learned some really great things that I believe are going to help me be a better missionary or improve my manner of teaching which I am really excited for because it will help the people I teach grow closer to Christ. Unfortunately we didn't have any investigators in any of the sessions and I am kinda beating myself up a little about that but I will explain that a little later on...

My companion is pretty good. He works hard although he isn't the hardest worker around but it's all good, we do the work we can. I am going to send some pictures of us next week. He is pretty serious, but has really opened up with me, and we get along great. Something interesting he told me is that I am one of the happiest missionaries he knows... I thought that was weird because a lot of people think I am very serious, at least at first but here I think I have kinda changed a little and am less reserved with the people I don't know, but... who knows?

This area... well, the area is fine and the people are great, but I was kinda hoping to change areas because I want to get to know other areas of the mission, I have been in this same stake my whole mission and I want to see other parts but it's all good, I know I will have the chance sooner or later and I am just fine working here :)

Yes the branch mission leader is helping and also his dad has been helping. We are going to see what we can do to get all the members involved in the work.

About not having investigators in the church... well this week I was trying to take Elder Cortez around so he can meet all the people I know and get to know the members and investigators. I had in mind to go visit Francisco  but I kept saving it for he next day and the next day (lesson about not procrastinating) and the next thing I knew I was sitting in the Sunday afternoon session at the end and thinking "ah crap! we never went to visit Francisco!" (pardon my strong language ;) ). I felt pretty bad about that... so when the conference ended we went and visited him. When we got there he was like "Oh, I was waiting for you guys to visit me all week to see if we were going to go to the church this week" that's right, sucker-punch to the face... I felt so bad and well at the end of the lesson we asked if we could have a prayer and my companion said he would say it and then Francisco said "well you can do one then I will do one" we thought... " well that's great" :) so when my companion finished his prayer Francisco starts his... He thanked our Heavenly Father that we had come to teach him again and that God had answered his prayer that we would come again. He was so sincere and loving in his prayer and I felt so warm and happy inside  that I cried a little... and right now as I am writing this and remembering that experience I am holding back my tears because I feel that it would be really weird if the people here in this cyber saw me crying right here at the computer for no apparent reason... wow that was weird... Anyways, Francisco has shared a Christ-like love so strong and sincere desire to follow our Savior that I believe it has effected my whole soul... wow... I don't think these words can express how I feel... but it is such a great feeling... and again I am trying not to cry... wow :')

Well that's all I have time to write this week I hope you all enjoy it and that you all learned really great things in the conference :) I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

-Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment